We will use the following timeline for the challenge:
- March 15, 2021: release date of the training data
- May 17, 2021: registration for the challenge. Email to email@example.com to confirm your participation and register following instructions on the data page to get the training data
- July 16, 2021: paper submission and docker submission deadlines
- Summer 2021: we evaluate the methods
- September 23, 2021: challenge day ! Results release and presentations
When participating to the challenge, you will have to submit by mid july your pipeline (see below) and a 4 pages paper describing shortly your method and its parameters that have been used for the challenge. These papers will be reviewed by the organization committee. When preparing your paper, please follow the MICCAI template, either in Latex or Word, but in any case, only PDF submissions will be accepted.
The challengers will integrate their segmentation pipeline in the France Life Imaging platform with the help of the FLI team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any question. The pipeline will be implemented in the VIP platform using the steps described here. Once registered to the challenge, please follow these steps as soon as possible to identify any potential technical issue with your pipeline integration.
Once the pipeline is integrated in the VIP platform, the challenger (or us depending on the use of GPUs) will:
- Run the pipeline on the training data to test and adjust parameters (phase I).
- Save the parameters that will be used during the testing phase (phase II).
The testing phase (phase II) will not require any involvement from the challengers. The integrated pipelines will be run on the testing datasets in the VIP platform, using a connexion with the Shanoir database where the testing data are stored. Segmentation results on training and tesing data will also be stored inside this database and opened to the general public after the challenge day.
By no means will the organizers use these pipelines for any other application than the challenge. Once the challenge is over, the pipelines will be removed or kept in the platform depending on the challengers’ wishes.